Wednesday 20 June 2012

Spring or Summer

I absolutely love the new Spring & Summer Distress Inks the colours are so vibrant.

When I saw the colours I thought I had enough greens but they are so different, it made me so glad that I took the plunge and bought them.

To colour the tags, firstly I applied distress inks to the craft mat and spritzed with water, then swiped the tag through the inks, then dried it with the heat tool.
If you need anymore colour go back into your inks or add more colour with a blending tool. I did this with the Squeezed Lemon as it needed more on the manilla tag.

Then it's stencil time... just blend the distress inks over the stencil keeping a firm hold onto it.
I used Dylusions Luscious Leaves 5 x 8 on the Discover your passion Tag.

The large butterfly, dandelion fairies and the meadow are from Indigo Blu's Wild meadow stamp.
The small butterfly and the wording are from Indigo Blu's 'Discover your Passion' stamp.

They have all been stamped with black archival, I also waited to make sure the stamp was dry before stamping as I found you get a clearer image.



Next Dylusion's Ruby Rainbow stamp and Dotted flowers stencil.
I thought Ruby would approve of the colour's.


I also wanted to try Sewing room from Paper Artsy's HP1215 Stamp, I have been using the stamps with Paper Artsy paints so there is a great difference ( I will show you next time I post).
The scissors have been stamped onto metal foil and cut out and applied with collage glue. If you have never tried a Collage Glue stick I can recommend them, they dry completely not like some other glue sticks which remain sticky if you get it onto the front of something.



Finally Juliette from Indigo Blu.
I decided to emboss this in white rather than black as I usually do.  I like the contrast.



That's it for now, must go and get inky. I must say the new pads are really juicy or maybe I need to reink some of my old ones.

Thanks for looking in and I do appreciate your comments.

Sharon x




5 comments:

  1. love all the tags but especially "Juliette"
    must try white embossing again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michelle
    If you like "Juliette" have a look at Indigo Blu's "Rebecca" Snow Queen.
    I think she would look great embossed white.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous. I'm waiting for some stuff from you so I can do more like this, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lorraine, your stuff is on it's way and hopefully with you soon.
    We would Love to see what you create.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous tags,the colours are gorgeous. Thank you for the lovely comment you left me, I realy miss calling at your shop when I am in Derbyshire.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete