Tuesday 20 November 2012

Jack in a Box


Hello

It's Tuesday again and the day I always think about blogging. Maybe because I have had a good crafting weekend, partly due to bad weather and the Grand Prix, if you know what I mean.

I have decorated a little house and I promise you this is the last christmas decoration I am going to make. Well this week anyway.




It is a wooden house that we sell at £3.49 a bargain. It needed a coat of paint so as usual I grabbed my favourite paints Paper Artsy Acrylic's and used Baltic Blue with a little dry brushing around the edges.

While that was drying I cut out the Pennant from the sizzix on the edge die aptly named Pennants twice, once with plain lining material and the second with a piece of card.

The material I sprayed with a Dylusions Spray London blue and left that to dry before stamping with the snowflakes from Tim Holtz CMS066 Mini holidays.
When all dried I glued the material to the card and then stuck the Route 52 Snowflakes to the back of the card.

The little Route 52 Bucket is painted with Pearl Dabber, the little boy who is posting his letter to santa was left over from the Shadow Box Drawer's. All the paper is from Graphic 45.

I painted the corked Vials and then stamped onto them when dried and decorated with Idea-ology Tinsel Twine.
The "Believe" Philosophy tag I wiped Snowcap Dabber over and removed to show the word better.

I made a little christmas card and distressed the edges and applied a little stamp from the Graphic 45 papers. So that's 2 projects and only 3 pieces of cardstock, I like to get good value from my paper.

The little bows that are dotted around are cut from the Sizzix Movers and shapers Mini Wreath and bow, which is at the apex of the house, plus the 25 from the reindeer and 25 set which has been embossed with Ranger's Rich Red (before embossing it looks a really bright red but changed to a lovely deep red).

Christmas Carols was stamped onto shrink plastic, I find the easiest way to shrink it without losing it, is place the piece in a box and let it go from corner to corner.

Hidden in the bottom corner is a ticket from a strip die and stamped with Merry Christmas from Tim Holtz CMS100 Odds and Ends there's something for every occasion on that stamp set.

Lastly Jamie wanted snow on the roof, so I splodge Mod Podge around the edges then sprinkled with Rock Candy Dry Glitter, I thought it looked quite nice but Jamie pointed out That it was frost and not snow.

Theres also the really cute wooden reindeers at the bottom and I think that's about everything.






Jamie's just made a lovely mug of coffee and then look what we found in the Photo Light Cube.

Oh Jack!!




No comments:

Post a Comment