Tuesday 18 September 2012

Last days of Summer

Well I think we can say summer is finally over, it's a shame it never really got started. I'm looking forward to the crisp frosty mornings and Christmas.

There's some great new papers from Kaisercraft "Twig & Berry and Turtle Dove" which both compliment the Shadow Box Drawers. It would be a great addition to your christmas decorations, almost a family heirloom...

I have been working on my Mum's birthday card for a little while and it's not quite finished yet, but I shall let you have a peek very soon.

Here's a little card I made using the Sizzix's Mover's and shapers Matchbook set.


I cut it out of Kraftcore cardstock and sanded the edges. Have you seen the handy little packs especially
for the Sizzix Bigz Dies and the Strip Dies, no more odd scraps of paper.
The flower is from Darkroom Doors Art De Fleur Vol 2 and painted using Distress Inks. I also added a faint script background in Tea Tree Distress Ink.


These are also from the same stamp.


I made a concertina for the bottom of the card so that the papers could be flipped out easily.


Last page....

Well I got my money's worth out of that stamp collection.

I forgot to mention what a fantastic week we had with family over from Ashbourne.
On the first night we decided to go for a walk up the hills from home. Great views but not when the heavens open.


Thank goodness for the log burning fire it was much appreciated, I hope it hasn't put them off coming back.

I'm going back to finish Mums card now, Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a happy crafting week.

Sharon

No comments:

Post a Comment