Tuesday 25 September 2012

Happy Birthday Mum

It's nearly my Mums birthday and I have just about finished her card, I know I can show you before the event because I'm sure you wouldn't tell her about it.

Don't you find once you start giving hand made cards, it's hard to give a shop brought one, but it's even harder to think up new ideas. But i'm sure they are appreciated.


Because it's a big birthday I wanted something a bit different, so I chose a Darkroom Door Accordion Book in a tin, which makes a super keepsake.



The background is Thorndon Hall paper from Paper Artsy. Sentiment is a Tim Holtz Word Band the butterflies are cut from Sizzix Mover and Shapers.


Here you can see the book that comes with the tin, it is plain manilla card and Tim Holtz Distress Inks blend really easily over it. I have used Craft Individuals Postcard and flower CI-302 and their Poppy stamp CI-210. As always some Indigo blu stamps Discover your passion and wild meadow.
Throughout the book I have used Crafters Workshop Stencils there's Harlequin, ledger and branches.




Here is a cuttlebug embossing folder "Flourished frame" with a picture of Jack & Bru in it. Surrounded by Dylusions Luscious Leaves Stencil.


I made a vintage style page of my Nanna and there's a old photo of Mum & Dad with my cute little brother, who's not cute or little anymore. 

Thank you for looking in, please leave a comment so I know you have been. We have been thinking of going into the raincoat and umbrella business what do you think. That's enough about rain.

See you soon

Sharon x 



2 comments:

  1. What a fabulous book Sharon! Your Mum must have been thrilled to bits to receive such an unusual and beautiful card...made with so much love and thoughtfulness. She'll always treasure such a bespoke and special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A special thank you Sue for your kind words, my Mum loved the card and all the special birthday wishes she received from everybody.
    Thank you again xx

    ReplyDelete