Tuesday 1 May 2012

Love to Create

I cannot believe how quickly the week seems to go when you have a challenge to complete, I think I will get plenty of projects completed to show you on the blog. Not a chance.
But again all I seem to have managed is a Tag for the Compendium of Curiosities Challenge II which hosted by the brilliant Linda Ledbetter.
I must admit I don't find blogging easy, so I have a great admiration for all you clever bloggers out there.
(Maybe that's why I don't get much done, I'm always blog hopping)
Last week I did seem to cut it short but it was my birthday, I had some gorgeous pressy's, mainly crafting items.
Even though we have the business I still have to buy my own stash. So you can imagine the torture when I pick and pack your order's.
So it is a real treat to get stamps and stuff to play with.
But the bestest ever gift arrived today but I cannot tell you about it tonight, I will explain tomorrow?
So enough rambling (can you tell I have not seen anybody except Jamie since last Thursday)

We have been very busy trying to work out a fairer charge for the postage based on size, so if you only want 1 stamp it makes it more affordable.

Marbled Stains is the technique to be used for the challenge, which can be found on page 46. If you haven't got your copy of Tim's book, buy it from us the postage is now only £1.49.

The background is made using Picket Fence, Dusty Concorde and Broken China Distress Stains.
I have made the hanging basket by using the top part of the bird cage from the Sizzix die Caged Bird, the flowers are cut from Nostalgic Core Paper stash and the New Crunchy Waxed Kraft Paper by Paper Artsy with the Tattered Flower Garland.

The quote "Love to Create" and the delicate flourish is off the Indigoblu stamp 'Discover your Passion'
The delicate edging is from the Vintage Lace Die.
I have tried to list most of the item's used but when you work just randomly with what's in front of you, you forget.

Just one more thing.

What am I going to do with this.
If you can come up with a good idea, I will send you the matching one.

10 comments:

  1. Sharon, I hope you had a VERY happy birthday, and I'm so glad you're finding the time to blog. It gets easier the more you do it-- pretty soon, it will be second nature.

    Your tag is just FABULOUS! Those colors are gorgeous, and the marbling is perfect. What a brilliant way to use the birdcage die-- it's a lovely flower basket. Clever and perfect.

    Keep up the great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and creative use of that die! I must try that! Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both so kind, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your comment, it's nice when people stop to have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you have made the birdcage into a basket and I havent tried that new waxed kraft paper but it looks fun! With the shoe tree I would turn it up and use it as a tree with lots of birdies on it and apples in the holes and then grass and mushrooms on the botton bit - you could even go mad and hang a swing from it. Thanks for commenting on my tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so clever! Great way to get more mileage out of the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag! Love the idea of the hanging basket :) Hope you had a lovely birthday x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Pam & Sherry for your Kind words, and the birthday was great.x

    ReplyDelete