Thursday 10 May 2012

It's Faded Layers

This weeks challenge over at Studio L3, is faded layers which is on page 43 of Tim's Book.
I love this technique because of the great surprise you get when you peel back the mask.


The base layer on my cardstock was blended with Bundled sage, Scattered Straw and Wild Honey.Then over the mask I used Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed and Rusty Hinge.

The steampunk style birds and scroll are on Paper Artsy's Collection HP1107.
The Bird on barb wire is on Tim Holtz's CMS087.
CMS056 for the sunray and CMS085 for it's all perspective.
I just love the tattered banner from Tim's Alteration's. There's so many different sizes, I'm sure I could find one for all my card's.
That's the end of this weeks CC2C, looking forward to Friday and the next one.
Thank you for looking in and please leave a comment.

Sharon x

7 comments:

  1. Very cool! Love the colors and those funky PA birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Marjie, I love those birds as well. They seem to pop up everywhere.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, LOVE this design, Sharon! Such a fun, clever card, and your Faded Layers technique is perfect. This made me smile! Thanks for being part of the CC2 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked it, and thank you Linda for doing the CC2 challenge.
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon love this piece those lynne perella stamps are fab I have resisted buying them so far......I also have that tim stamp that looks like sun rays in fact I bought from your shop. I had been to one of Annelise's workshops and my friends and I called into the ATP on our way home. What a treasure trove it's a good job I don't live any closer as I'd be popping in everyday, you stock everything I like Glad you've got your blog up and running I'll be popping back again x toni x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Toni, I can remember you and your friends. I think I was on the workshop as well at Dove Farm. We might live even further away now as we have moved to mid wales. We are trying to make a bigger shop so there will be even more goodies.

    ReplyDelete