April is our Wendy Vecchi month and that is why we would like to familirize you with Wendy's Embossing Paste.
Studio 490 Embossing Pastes are smooth and light acrylic emulsions designed to add texture and dimension to your projects. They come in many varieties but for our "5 ideas..." we used translucent and white paste.
1. Paint you background with water based paints (Ecolines, Silks, Distress Paints or sprays) and let it dry. Using a palette knife apply some Translucent paste through the stencil. It will dry clear - then you can paint with other colours and it will resist allowing your background to show through.
2. Mix translucent or white Embossing Paste with your favourite pigments, powders or mica. Add some colour and shimmer to it and paint just like with acrylic paint.
3. What about Embossing Paste and liquid watercolours? Mixing them together isn't as easy as with powders but after few moments you can get smooth paint in your favourite colour. Do this with translucent paste to get a glossy finish.
4. Cover your base with a thick layer of a combination of white and translucent pastes. Grab your favourite tool (maybe Catalyst?) and just draw - have fun! Drying will take a few hours, but you can also use a heating tool to make it faster. Then cover your texture with Treasure Gold using a cloth or even your finger. Try to layer a few colours of Treasure Gold and you'll get a heavy, metallic effect.
5. Mix Translucent Embossing Paste with your favourite Art Ingredients. It will work like glue and seal at the same time. Then apply your paste on paper, wood or metal and let it dry. Later you can start playing with colour - how about Treasure Gold again, or maybe Silks? Have fun and experiment!
Have a lovely
Have a lovely