Tuesday 15 January 2013

True Intentions

I have decided I am going to try and do my own tag each month. The theme for my Tag for January is Found Stuff. As much as I love Tim's tags I am trying not to be influenced in my design.

Most of the embellishments I found on my craft desk after doing a mixed media canvas, you know what it's like you have an idea, make something and then it doesn't fit in with what you are doing, so it sit's there but you don't want to throw it away.

The quote on Tim Holtz stamp "Words for Thought" CMS132 sums it up perfectly and I also like his new burlap panels, but I am so impatient I want them now. Well I have had to settle for a scrap of hessian and some organic muslin, which look really good sprayed with Dylusion Ink Sprays.

A large NO 10 tag went through my Big Shot Machine in a Sizzix honeycomb folder then coloured with distress inks.

The smaller tag was embossed with white powder so it resist's  the distress ink. The stamp used is CMS087 "Shabby French".

Theres small cogs, which have been given some texture and others cut out of metal and coloured with paint and alcohol inks. Half of a weathered clock cut out is placed under the tag and behind the name plate. On top of that is a tattered flower and leaf.


Well I think that's enough about my tag, hows the weather with you. It snowed on Sunday but was gone by Monday Morning but it's looking a bit black at the moment, so more could be on it's way.

You may have read that I have signed up for the Lifebook 2013 course and I am really enjoying it. It's taking me out of my comfort zone, but I am also making good use of my stash. So if you need some inspiration and would like to learn new technique's go over to Willowing.org. Here's a peek at one of the pages of the book I have done.



The words inside the ballons are be grateful, be happy, be honest, never give up and make good memories, these are my True Intentions for 2013.

Hope you enjoy my pages see you soon,

Sharon x

No comments:

Post a Comment