Friday 8 June 2012

Haberdashery

Haberdashery is the in thing, there are some great stamps available old and new.

I've used one of my old favourites Darkroom Doors "Fashionable". I have also used the Tim Holtz Bigz Die Sewing room. The first card is mounted onto Canvas Cloth, I have used the reverse side which gives a more natural look.

Maybe when I get the New Paper Artsy stamps or the New Crafty Individuals they will be my favourites.


(Would you believe it the delivery van has just been and delivered the New Paper Artsy stamps, the most difficult decision of the day Which One to have).

On Sunday I am going to Artsy Crafts to spend the day with Leandra and Lin doing rusty relicky thingies. The mind boggles but it's bound to be messy, more techniques to learn. If your going too, say hello it will be great to meet you. I already know a couple of lovely ladies that are going, I will be wearing a black Artist Trading Post apron.

Below is a card I made using the Lynne Perrella stamp LP008. After stamping the card with Archival Jet Black I coloured it in using Distress Ink swirled onto my craft sheet.
The new Tim Holtz water brush is brilliant for this. You don't have to keep changing brushes or washing it out, and you can blend the colours make them lighter and darker. It also has a valve so you get a nice constant flow, not like a different brand I have and it floods the page.

While the melt pot was out I made an embellishment by pouring melted Utee into a cookie cutter which is placed onto the stamp. Always check with the manufacturers 1st to ensure that the stamps will stand up to the heat, some need to be stamped with perfect medium to ensure the utee comes clean away.


Thankyou for stopping by and I hope you have a good weekend and don't get too wet.

Sharon x

No comments:

Post a Comment